Here’s what you can expect at this week’s Farmily CSA pickups:
- Mustard Greens (hands down the best tasting green, flavorful and not bitter- cook them low and slow and do not eat raw!)
- Baby Bok Choy (loose leaf. I want my babybok babybok babybok babybok)
- Green Beans (for the love, please try them roasted!)
- Asian Eggplant
- Gourmet Lettuce Mix (fancy salad mix)
- Collard Greens
- Purple Sweet Potatoes (they taste just like the classic sweet potatoes you all know and love, but are higher in anti-oxidants)
- Sweet Potatoes (regular colored, nothing fancy)
- Kennebec Potatoes (chefs say these make the best fries and baked potatoes- classic white potato)
- Red Russian Kale- it’s back! Our favorite kale! It is sweeter & milder and less ‘kale-y’ tasting than any other kale
- Arugula-flavorful, peppery green. A favorite in salads, but also eaten on pizzas and in pastas
- Mesclun Salad Mix- the French approach to a salad mix. Zesty, flavorful cut salad green mix.
- Rainbow Swiss Chard- the best green! like a big flavorful spinach leaf. Ea
t raw and definitely try it sautéed or creamed.
- Turnip Greens (These are the best tasting greens! Try them creamed or sautéed)
All are hand harvested by us and brought to you the same day. Farm fresh, Certified Organic, and full of love!
Recipes to try this week:
Sweet Potato Skins (From the Food Babe- pictured)
Roasted Green Beans (I love these! You can roast a little longer, and flip them during the process to get them extra crispy, they’re like fries. I will also drizzle with balsamic before cooking, and add then sprinkle with parmesan at the end of cooking. So. GOOD.
Creamed Swiss Chard this is my recipe, and it is fabulous
How to Sauté Greens (yes the recipe says kale but we use this recipe with many of the greens)
Swiss Chard & Herb Tart (who tarted? who charded?!)
Crock Pot Balsamic Pork Roast (I add sweet potatoes and onions, use way more garlic then she suggests, and leave out the honey because sweet potatoes are so fabulously sweet already)
Turnip Fries (paleo)
Warm Turnip Green Dip (sub fresh turnip greens for frozen and make this! ’cause it’s football season in the south)
Crispy Garlic Butter Smashed Potatoes (Farmily Recommended!)
Crispy Baked Sweet Potato Shoestring Fries (using the spiralizer)
Radish Chips (in full disclosure, I skipped her seasoning suggestions and dumped some ranch seasonings on them. They were fabulous and I used them as croutons on salads)
Radish Leaf Pesto (yes you can do something with those leaves)
Loaded Baked Potato Salad (bonafide. we have been making this for years!)
Red Potato Salad (Farmily member tested and recommended)