Here’s what you can expect at this week’s Farmily CSA pickups:
- Turnips- it’s time. you MUST try the turnips. They are JUST LIKE potatoes! But ONE THIRD of the carbs and calories! Substitute turnips for potatoes in any recipe
- Baby Bok Choy- more tender and silky than spinach, with a heartier stalk- so good sautéed or raw
- Bell Peppers
- Kennebec Potatoes- chefs say these make the best fries and roasted or baked potatoes- classic white potato
- Red Russian Kale- it’s back! Our favorite kale! It is sweeter & milder and less ‘kale-y’ tasting than any other kale
- Arugula-flavorful, peppery green. A favorite in salads, but also eaten on pizzas and in pastas
- Mesclun Salad Mix- the French approach to a salad mix. Zesty, flavorful cut salad green mix.
- Rainbow Swiss Chard- the best green! like a big flavorful spinach leaf. Eat raw and definitely try it sautéed or creamed.
- Turnip Greens
- Mustard Greens- less bitter than other greens, but with more natural flavor. TRY THEM!
- Gourmet Salad Mix Lettuce
- Collard Greens
- Green Beans
All are hand harvested by us and brought to you the same day. Farm fresh, Certified Organic, and full of love!
Recipes to try this week:
Baby Bok Choy Greens with Sesame Soy Vinaigrette (so flavorful & so easy)
Easy Amazing Mustard Greens (SO GOOD!)
Arugula Pesto (fabulous on everything!)
Creamed Swiss Chard this is my recipe, and it is fabulous!
How to Sauté Greens (yes the recipe says kale but we use this recipe with any of the greens- bok choy included)
Swiss Chard & Herb Tart (who tarted? who charded?!)
Crock Pot Balsamic Pork Roast (I add turnips and onions, use way more garlic then she suggests. Serve with sautéed greens.)
Turnip Fries (paleo)
Warm Turnip Green Dip (sub fresh turnip greens for frozen and make this! ’cause it’s football season in the south)
Crispy Garlic Butter Smashed Potatoes (Farmily Recommended!)
Radish Chips (in full disclosure, I skipped her seasoning suggestions and dumped some ranch seasonings on them. They were fabulous and I used them as croutons on salads)
Radish Leaf Pesto (yes you can do something with those leaves)
Stuffed Bell Peppers (also a Freezer Meal! I freeze these every year)
Loaded Baked Potato Salad (bonafide. we have been making this for years!)