Here’s what you can expect at this week’s Farmily CSA pickups:
- Gourmet Salad Mix Lettuce
- Swiss Chard (texture and versatility of spinach, but a superfood like kale! if they had a baby- it would be chard)
- Turnips WITH Turnip Greens (it’s time. you MUST try the turnips. They are JUST LIKE potatoes! But ONE THIRD of the carbs and calories! Substitute turnips for potatoes in any recipe)
- Curly Green Kale (what you are used to seeing at the grocery store)
- Red Russian Kale (our favorite! the least ‘kaley’ kale)
- Green Kale (aka Siberian)
- Sweet Potatoes- like none you have had before!
- Butternut Squash (HAVE YOU TARIED THIS YET?!?!?)
- Collard Greens
- Mustard Greens (by far our favorite greens!)
All are hand harvested by us and brought to you the same day. Farm fresh, Certified Organic, and full of love!
Recipes to try this week:
Italian Seasoned Kale Chips (Farmily Favorite!)
Creamed Swiss Chard this is my recipe, and it is fabulous!
Swiss Chard & Herb Tart (who tarted? who charded?!)
Roasted Beet Salad (MY FAVE! I hated beets till we grew them!)
Crock Pot Balsamic Pork Roast (I add sweet potatoes and onions, use way more garlic then she suggests, and leave out the honey because sweet potatoes are so fabulously sweet already)
Grilled BBQ Sweet Potato Nachos (it’s football time in Tennessee!!!)
Beet & Feta Salad (THE BEST COMBO!!)
Puerto Rican Beef w/Kale & Sweet Potatoes (I LOVE THIS MEAL! Seriously someone brought it to me when I had Keaton. I ate it for breakfast, lunch, dinner. That good.)
Pork & Mustard Green Soup (it’s soup time in Tennessee!!!!)
Kayne Prime Kale Salad (A FARMILY FAVORITE FOR YEARS!)
How to Sauté Greens (yes the recipe says kale but we use this recipe with any of the greens- tatsoi & turnip greens included)