This is a classic recipe that many of you have probably had at one time or another.
It’s always a hit at a party and is great because it has to be made in advance- ideally the night before, or at least several hours in advance. Flavor takes time y’all.
We love it when the weather turns hot, it’s a cool refreshing tasty side item when we come inside from the heat while working on the farm.
You can also add grilled chicken, still fabulous!
Stephanie (your happy farmer)
15 minPrep Time
2 hrCook Time
2 hr, 15 Total Time
- 1 small napa cabbage OR 1/2 larger napa cabbage (about 6-8 cups, chopped)
- 5 stalks of green onions, sliced (can sub onion or red onion)
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup roasted sunflower kernels
- 2 pkgs ramen noodles (any flavor, not using seasoning, crush noodles)
- 2 cans mandarin oranges, drained
- 3/4 cup oil (vegetable, olive)
- 1/3 cup white vinegar or rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- salt to taste
- optional add grilled chicken
- In large bowl, combine chopped napa cabbage, sunflower kernels, sliced almonds, crushed ramen noodles, mandarin oranges, and onions.
- In large measuring cup, combine oil, sugar, and vinegar. It is ok if the sugar does not fully dissolve.
- Poor oil mixture over cabbage mixture, and stir very well, making sure everything is evenly coated.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.